[TowerTalk] Triband stack and multiplier antenna?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Triband stack and multiplier antenna?
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 13:16:14 -0000
Hi all - Question for the antenna gurus out there...

Presently I have phased TH7s at 40 and 76 ft.  I added a Hygain
DX77 multiband vert last year as a mult antenna for the second radio.
To sum it up politely, it's a very poor performer

I really don't want to break up the stack to use as 2 separate
antennas, as it really outperforms a single TH7.

How about a small tribander (fixed on EU?) like an A3S or C3 at
about 25 ft on the same tower.  Is that too close to the TH7 stack and
screw up its performance? If it's OK w/respect to the stack, is 25 ft
too low to be useful (at least on 20m)?

Your thoughts appreciated,
73/Barry
P.S. I have never done any computer modelling, so if any of you
experienced antenna modelers would cruch the numbers, I'd apprec
it.
Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: barry@w2up.wells.com