[TowerTalk] Quad Assistance

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Quad Assistance
From: n5nu@inu.net (Jason N5NU)
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 12:14:19 -0600
Hello to all,
 I am in the process of assisting my 15 yr. old son assemble a 2 element
quad for 10-15 & 20 meters. The fibergalss spreaders come in two parts and
are attached with a hose clamp (easily removed and separated). The quad
will reside on a homebrew fold-over pole. The pole will fold over until the
rotor rest on the ground if no anntenna is attached.
 What I would like to do is attach the wires to the spreader in such a
manner that the 15 & 20 meter wires could be easily unfastened allowing me
to disconnect the outer portion of the fiberglass spreader and tilting the
antenna closer to the ground (about 4 ft closer). This would allow the
rotor to near enough to the ground that I could easily make mast to boom
connections etc. The outer portion of the spreader could them be replaced,
the wires reconnected and raised back up into the air. At 340 lbs I'm not
the most nimble person around when it comes to climbing...that's why I
built the foldover pole about 20 yrs ago. Any thoughs would be appreciated.
(except go on a diet- I hear that from my Dr. Hi Hi)

Thanks and 73 to all
Jim Goldsberry
KC5FR

PS...laugh all you want, but please don't flame
n5nu@inu.net
http://www.inu.net/n5nu/