[TowerTalk] Selsyns and prop pitch

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Selsyns and prop pitch
From: no6x@inreach.com (Mike Nash, NO6X)
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 23:29:38 -0800
Well I did the inevitable. I have a tower to rotate, and think I have
figured out how to do it. By means of a prop pitch that I purchased this
evening.
I know there was just a big thread on this and I do not mean to re-open
that by any means.
This prop pitch has been(cover your eyers) modified.
In hooking it up to 12 volts, it draws in the neighborhood of 10 amps while
rotating and takes about 40 seconds to to make one complete revolution.
Please forgive the stupid question, but will it hurt anything to run this
at say 7 or 8 volts to slow it down?By basic principles it is only a DC
motor and should NOT, but I thought I would ask before I did it.
Now selsyns...
Where to get them and how much do they normally run?

For all those wondering... the Prop pitch will turn a small tower with two
10 meter yagis, spaced approx 1/2 wave apart.

Good use for it???
Please advise of pit falls if you know of them.
Thanks
Mike...NO6X

A Keyring, what a handy gadget. It allows me to lose all of my keys at one
time.