[TowerTalk] Prop Pitch Motor

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Prop Pitch Motor
From: k2sig@empireone.net (K2SIG)
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 10:52:23 -0500
 Good morning Folks,
     I found a prop pitch in the dungeon and I wonder if you folks could
help me out to the point of
finding out what it is and what voltage/amps are needed to test it.
     1. Cover missing and there are four wires showing betwix motor and
gear box, one at 0                   degrees,two at 90 degrees and one at
180 degrees .
      2.There is a plate  partially rusted that indicates a gear ratio of
9556:1,but reall not sure of the 55          betwix the 9 and 6.
      3.radially there are two grease fittings and one plug around the gear
box.
      4.the output shaft is a pipe about 10"long, 2.875" dia. with a ring
gear welded to it next to the         gear assembly.
      5.There are partial remains of a sticker attached to the gearbox that
say something about "RIGHT           HAND"
       6. It probably weighs about 40 pounds, and mostlikely was modified
for amateur service.
      All I want to do is see if it runs.
        Thanks folks/73
                    John k2SIG@empireone.net