[TowerTalk] NEW ANTENNA IDEA

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] NEW ANTENNA IDEA
From: n4kg@juno.com (T A RUSSELL)
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 12:10:28 -0600
NEW   ANTENNA   IDEA

Here's an antenna idea I would like to see developed
into a commercial product.   Just send me a "sample"
to evaluate !

The antenna would have  2  Elements on 40, 30, 17, 12 Meters,

with  TWO   Driven Elements and separate reflectors spaced 0.15 WL.

The 40M  driven element would be trapped for 17M
with additional capacity hat loading if required.

The 30M driven element would be trapped for 12M
with additional capacity hat loading if required.

The main disadvantage to traps is narrow bandwidth,
but the WARC bands are very narrow to begin with.
I will accept reduced bandwidth on 40M for smaller size.
(Would a 17M trap reduce 40M bandwidth any more than
other loading schemes used on existing "shorty-forties"?

Stack this above a conventional tri-bander (C31XR, TH7, X9, etc.)
and you have 7 bands on two feedlines that rotate with one rotor.
A  POWERFUL combination !

(Does this sound like something derived from a Cushcraft 2L40?
It should.   It is well known that the CC  has a reasonable match on 17M
already.  All it needs is an additional element for 12 / 30 and
reflectors.)

OK  you Antenna Manufacturers,  what are you waiting for?
I'll be watching for the UPS  truck !

de   Tom    N4KG

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]