[TowerTalk] RE: Regarding your QRO 2500dx

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: Regarding your QRO 2500dx
From: jirka@jimaz.cz (Jiri Sanda)
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 08:27:39 +-100
Hi Jens,

I will never sort the problems with Ray. I have sorted all the problems by
myself after 6 and or 7 failures of the device (I have two pieces). Just a
small remark. Take universal multimeter and measure the DC voltages (both
idling and operating) on cathode, and both grids. Than go to the
www.svetlana.com and download the data sheet for the 4CX800 and than make your
own decision. What I have done is - I have redesigned the whole control board
and switching and cathode circuit. So what was left is the box, PI tank and
transformer, everything else is replaced. There are for instance zener diodes
in parallel two GRAETZ rectifiers (one for + and other for -) in parallel and
other similar examples of smart and knowing engineering.

Have fun

Jiri
OK1RI