[TowerTalk] 75 M Quad Adjustments

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 75 M Quad Adjustments
From: W5ASP@aol.com (W5ASP@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 00:44:51 EST
We are about to embark on a project to put up a 3 el quad for 75 M.  We have
two 100' plus towers, aligned NE/SW, separated 150' or so. The idea is to run
a "catenary" line between the towers from which to suspend the quad elements.
Right now we are planning a "delta" configuration for the elements, and do NOT
plan to phase them... i.e. just a simple driven quad loop with two parasitic
loops fore and aft, directed to the NE.

We'd like any comments, ideas, tips, cautions, etc. from anyone who might have
done such a thing, AND in particular we'd appreciated any help we can get in
techniques to "tune up" the darn thing. We'll be using an MFJ-259 Analyzer
with a MFJ-66 Dip Meter Adapter. (And a noise bridge if necessary...)

Please send your comments directly to w5asp@aol.com

Many thanks..  we figure we got a lot to learn.

Joe, W5ASP