[TowerTalk] Compensating for unequal guy angles

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Compensating for unequal guy angles
From: Chanel1096@aol.com (Chanel1096@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 00:12:15 EST
>The guys must be equally spaced.
On this I definitely agree, unequally spaced guys can work (if you have to
make
them work) but it is much preferable to go with equally spaced guys,
you will be able to get more on the tower in the end.

>One option to have your PE (and you need one for this) consider is
>four way guying. This will fit the guys into the corners of 150 foot
>square. This will give you about 70% guy distance which will work
>for a four way guyed tower.

I would not discount three way guys though, the difference between 3 way and 4
way guy spacing is not that large, based on a 150' square 3 ways will be 100'
out and 4 ways will be about 106'.  Your actual day light points are going to
be slightly closer in.  Either way you are going to need professional help.

>de n0yvy

-Bill King