[TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotor

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotor
From: w0hh@ix.netcom.com (Tom Champlin)
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 18:24:11 -0600
Hello All,
My story is recent. In  spring 95 I bought the  G-2800SDX rotor. I put
it in my U.S Tower TX-455. I put a 20M4 on it (114 lbs) plus a heavy
U.S. Tower 15' mast.
I got real brave and would always rotate at maximum speed. (24v on the
motor).All went well except fot the replacement of the on-off switch.
They replaced it free. Last spring I put up an X9. (85 lbs plus mast)
The motor and a small plastic gear went out last Christmas. The repair
people were polite and responsive. I got it back this past week, (its
back up) and they billed me $226. I feel if I had been more careful,
this might not have happened. Overall, I like the rotor. We have some
wind gusts of considerable velocity from time to time here in the KC
area. As per the Yaesu manual, I used the bolt through the chucks and
mast.
Tom W0HH