[TowerTalk] RF into Yaesu rotor

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RF into Yaesu rotor
From: jccrtv@jccrtv.com (jccrtv@jccrtv.com)
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 15:15:29 -0500
I get RF into my Yaesu rotor control box everytime the packet rig keys my
2-meter rig. HF doesn't bother the rotor. Can anyone suggest a cure? Choke,
etc? Here's the particulars: The rotor sits at the top of my 72 foot tower.
The VHF Diamond vertical is 12 feet above the rotor at the top of the mast.
VHF Power is 50 watts. Coax is 9914 buryflex taped all the way down the
tower to the ground, over to the basement window. Everytime the 2-meter rig
keys, the Yaesu 1000SDX meter moves a few degrees and it sounds like the
motor tries to come on. Someone else must have had this who could pass on a
quick fix. Thanks.

Jim Mulvey
KS1A/2