[TowerTalk] YT and approach angles

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] YT and approach angles
From: jrdavis@crnotes.collins.rockwell.com (Jeffrey R Davis)
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 09:13:46 -0600

I was reminded by Mike's question of one of my own, I've been trying to use
YT to assess the optimal height for a new tower, given my terrain. Does
anyone know how to get a file output from YT of gain vs. elevation angle?

What I want to do is essentially integrate the product of gain and
probability over elevation angle to obtain an "expected value" of gain for
a particular tower height/direction/frequency combination. YT provides a
graphical output, but it would be most helpful if the data points were
written to a file. Maybe someone on the reflector knows how to do this or
knows of another program that would solve the problem.

Jeff AB0II

"Gilmer, Mike" <mgilmer@gnlp.com> on 02/18/99 09:04:25 AM