[TowerTalk] LMR400, Low Loss Cables, PE vs PVC

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] LMR400, Low Loss Cables, PE vs PVC
From: DavisRFinc@aol.com (DavisRFinc@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 09:32:27 EST

One of my best mentors, best friends, and affiliated business partners is
Press Jones.  One of the non-tech'l things he taught me was brevity in prose.
Let me one-up him (on brevity) by agreeing and reiterating:  PVC jacketed
coaxes, i.e., s standard or mil type,  RG213, 214, 8, etc. , whether "Non
contaminating Vinyl" (NCV) are NOT buriable; likewise TPE (Thermo Plastic
Elastomar) used on LMR400UF for facilitating flexibility.
 Polyethylene (PE) jacketed i.e., "regular" LMR400, "BURY-FLEX" Tm Low Loss,
or customized RG's using PE  are direct burial.  PE cables also are great for
coiling around crank ups, abraision and rodent resistance or running through
ponds, etc.  Note:  "BURY-FLEX" and other PE's thus have benefits even if not
buried.
 Lastly, no plasticides in PE so you automatically have a "non-contaminating"
cable, for 20 year average life, above or below ground.  73,  Steve, K1PEK
DAVIS RF Co., Commercial wire/cable, RF connectors, custom cable design.
Discounts to hams..........BURY-FLEX ? low loss HF-microwave HDPE coax;
....FLEX-WEAVE? aerial wire. Registered trademarks of Davis Associates, Inc. .
.LMR ?, Heliax?, PolyPhaser Tm, etc.  Visit our web site at  www.davisRF.com.
1-800-328-4773   (1-800-DAVIS RF).    PRICE LEADERS OF LMR, HELIAX, RFS.
"The Triad":   DAVIS RF Co., ORION WIRE CORP and The WIREMAN:   Three types of
expertise, three corporate buying power and customer inter-personal
relationships benefitting all.