Some time ago I asked for users comments on the OR 2800 rotator system.
I received about 15 responses and was asked by a number of people to
send them a summary. Here is the result of that survey plus some
additional information as follows:
1. My original posting for reference. A second posting was made assuring
respondents that I would not use their names or call signs. This
resulted in quite a few additional comments.
2. A summary of the comments.
3. Some direct quotations from various individuals.
4. Notes from a conversation with M2.
5. Some thoughts on how to improve the reliability of the reed switch
1." I am curious what experience the TT members have had with this
At one time, I believe there were some problems with the pulse counting
direction indicator. I also heard that, at that time, the rotators could
be ordered with a potentiometer installed for driving an external ,
resistance sensing indicator. I have never heard of mechanical problems
with the rotator. Is anyone using it for rotating an 80 m yagi? Is there
a spot in the rotator mechanics such that a potentiometer could be added
later ? Thanks, Dan, N5AR "
FAQ on WWW: http://www.contesting.com/towertalkfaq.html
Administrative requests: towertalk-REQUEST@contesting.com