[TowerTalk] OR 2800 Users Survey

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] OR 2800 Users Survey
From: (dan hearn)
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 07:12:40 -0800
Some time ago I asked for users comments on the OR 2800 rotator system.
I received about 15 responses and was asked by a number of people to
send them a summary. Here is the result of that survey plus some
additional information as follows:
1. My original posting for reference. A second posting was made assuring

respondents that I would not use their names or call signs. This
resulted in quite a few additional comments.
2. A summary of the comments.
3. Some direct quotations from various individuals.
4. Notes from a conversation with M2.
5. Some thoughts on how to improve the reliability of the reed switch
pulse system.

 1." I am curious what experience the TT members have had with this
At one time, I believe there were some problems with the pulse counting
direction indicator. I also heard that, at that time, the rotators could

be ordered with a potentiometer installed for driving an external ,
resistance sensing indicator. I have never heard of mechanical problems
with the rotator. Is anyone using it for rotating an 80 m yagi? Is there

a spot in the rotator mechanics such that a potentiometer could be added

later ? Thanks, Dan, N5AR "