[TowerTalk] K-factor Revisited

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] K-factor Revisited
From: (Pete Smith)
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 13:07:31 -0500
At 11:16 AM 3/1/1999 EST, wrote:
>In a message dated 99-03-01 11:08:25 EST, writes:
>> Interesting discussion. Would anyone care to comment on what one could
>> expect
>>  from the new Yaseu rotor torque/vibration/shock dampening accessory for
>> their
>>  medium and high end rotors? (I understand that it goes between the
>>  bracket and the bottom of the rotor.)
>>  Which rotor ratings would you expect it would improve and by how much?
>        When I was at Hy-Gain, we estimated that a torque dampener would add
>about 25% capacity to a rotator. Historically, very few devices like this
>survived real world applications.

Dave Leeson used to use a driveshaft coupling from a BMW on some of his big
arrays, and I can see how that would handle a good many lb-feet.  I'd be
less confident about something that goes in between the bottom of the rotor
case and the shelf, because there isn't room for a lot of elastic material.

73,  Pete N4ZR
Loud is good