[TowerTalk] G800SDX and 3ele 40m KLM

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] G800SDX and 3ele 40m KLM
From: coopersg@odl.co.uk (S Cooper)
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 16:00:52 -0000
I am about to put up a 3 ele KLM 40m yagi. I have a prop pitch, a G800SDX and a
HAM 4 available for this job. I know the prop pitch is the only sensible thing
to use to rotate it. However, I am only putting the thing up for the summer.
So... would the G800 take the strain? That's what's currently up the tower. The
HAM 4 has a problem with long cable runs (I have 200ft+) where the brake won't
release. And getting the prop pitch going has become more difficult than I
remembered (plus, I have no directional feedback).
Will the G800SDX handle it?
Any easy solution to the voltage drop on long lines to a HAM 4?
Need some down to earth practical info on prop pitches. Is there a web site? Is
there a difference between the types found in the UK and the US? Three wires
come out of this prop pitch - how can I identify which is which?

Stewart GM4AFF