[TowerTalk] Aluminum towers

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Aluminum towers
From: (Kenneth D. Grimm, K4XL)
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 15:08:36 -0500
Mark Levine, D.C. wrote:
> Maybe an aluminum tower came down in a breeze. I would not put any
> aluminum tower up if I were paid to do so.

I've had a freestanding 72' Heights tower up since 1969 loaded with
various stacks including 4 els on 10, 15 and 20.  The tower survived
microbursts that ripped pieces of elements off the antennas.  Currently
it is supporting a cute little Force 12 420/240.  Thirty years and no
sign of ageing and has never needed painting.

Harummph!!  I wouldn't take it down if I were paid to.  ;-)

73 and chacun a son gout,
Ken K4XL
BoatAnchor Manual Archive - or