[TowerTalk] Elements out of Horizontal plane

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Elements out of Horizontal plane
From: (Gary E. Jones, Ph.D.)
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 23:41:58 -0600
I tried this several days ago and got not a single response. That tells me
either that my question was incredibly stupid, or incredibly insightful. It
seems neither to me, so I will try again and see if I can get some

A hurricane blew the reflector element of my 2 element 40 out of exact
horizontal. I would guess that the reflector is about 20 degrees off of
horizontal. I have noticed a degradation in my yagi performance. Can anyone
tell me from experience or modeling what effect 20 degrees of rotation of
the reflector in a 2 element yagi, or any element for that matter has on
forward gain and beam performance.

Any help/information would be greatly appreciated.

                                                                Gary    W5FI