[TowerTalk] Best vs. Maxwell -- Again??( LONG !!)

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Best vs. Maxwell -- Again??( LONG !!)
From: (David Robbins)
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 01:41:45 +0000
lets see.. 1.3db/100' * 156' = 2db  at an input swr of 8 gives an
additional 2.7db of loss for a total of 4.7db.  all this from one lookup
in the 1977 printing of the arrl antenna book figure 3-23.  but
unfortunately it won't give you 3 decimal places of accuracy.  how does
all this work change what we knew over 20 years ago, besides 3 decimal

Jim Reid wrote:
> Aloha,
> Well,  Dr. Steve Best, VE9SRB,  of Cushcraft has tried again,
> and, in my view,  erred again in his 16 page(!) article in the
> Winter, 1999 edition of CQ's Communications Quarterly.  I

David Robbins K1TTT (ex KY1H)   or