[TowerTalk] Best vs. Maxwell -:

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Best vs. Maxwell -:
From: (
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 08:17:37 EST
Hmmm, much ado about not much....
I have no quarrel with education, or mathematics, EM theory, etc., as
knowledge is always a good thing...
But I have to say that I began matching antennas successfully more than 35
years ago, long before I actually had any theoretical knowledge of the
conjugate match...  For the bulk of Contesters, DXers and Ragchewers simply
grabbing a coil and a cap and whipping up an L match by trial and move the tap
has always worked in the past, and will always work in the foreseeable
future... Often times the simple solutions are the best...