[TowerTalk] 40 and 15 beams on same mast?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40 and 15 beams on same mast?
From: (Fatchett, Mike)
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 09:26:42 -0700
I have a F12 C3 at 79 feet and a Cushcraft 40-2CD above if at 90 ft.  There
was quite a bit of interaction with the C3.  Could not get the SWR to come
around so I had to rotate the 40 90 degrees.  This made all the difference
in the world.

I can't recall what Tom suggests in the Array of Light book.  I do recall
having some conversations with him about it.  I think the 40 ended up on top
to get it as high as possible.

In the past I have had a wide spaced 15 meter yagi and a  full size 2 ele 40
meter beam on the same tower with spacing.  The 15 was on top in this setup
and I don't recall having any interaction at all.  It seems to depend on the
physical design of the antennas.

I would suggest sending a note to and tell them what you
want to do and see what they say.   Tom and Natan have been very helpful.

Good Luck.