[TowerTalk] Acuity

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Acuity
From: (Pete Smith)
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 12:40:26 -0500
To: <>
>Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 23:00:15 +0000
>Subject: Guy Wires
>Dear Fred, 3/16 diameter guy wires become invisible at 54
>feet (53.6 ft).   "Principles of Television
>Engineering", D.G. Fink, McGraw-Hill, 1940, p. 32.

Unfortunately, I believe this is incorrect -- my 57-year old eyes can
readily see all the guys on my tower (3/16 EHS) in most lighting conditions
at distances of >200 ft., silhouetted against the sky.  There are no
insulators to provide visual cues, either.  For that matter, I can see the
#14 radiators of my 80-meter array at the same distance.

73,  Pete N4ZR
Loud is good