[TowerTalk] Ameritron RCS-8V Remote Coax Switch

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ameritron RCS-8V Remote Coax Switch
From: Dick Green" <dick.green@valley.net (Dick Green)
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 23:07:56 -0500
I used to control an RCS-8V with 250' of 8-conductor wire (two wires #18,
six wires #22) with no problems. I used that cable because it was what I
had. I tested the switch with 500 feet of #22 wire and it worked fine, so I
think you can go that low.

As I recall, you only need 5 conductors -- one for each coax port. The
circuit return can be through the coax shield. I think I used a separate 6th
wire for the return.

73, Dick, WC1M