[TowerTalk] 22VAC to 2 110VAC circuits

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 22VAC to 2 110VAC circuits
From: (Steve Zettel)
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 12:19:58 -0700
A question a little different than the normal queries about having a 220VAC
circuit in the shack for an amp:

I already have 220VAC available at the baseboard in almost every room of the
house, after removing the old baseboard electric heaters. In a couple of rooms,
it would be nice to have more 110VAC circuits, including the shack -- computers
and perirherals, audio/video home theater setup, sewing and crafts all use more
than the normal allotment of 110VAC outlets. At this point, I am re-paneling
and re-sheetrocking some of the rooms, and it would be a convenient time to
install additional boxes and outlets.

Although it looks feasible on the face of it to turn one 220VAC circuit into
two 110VAC circuits, I have the feeling I am missing some very basic, obvious

Advice (other than the licensed electrican, get the permits, etc)?

Steve Zettel  KJ7CH
near Libby, MT USA