[TowerTalk] Selsyning

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Selsyning
From: Jim White, K4OJ" < (Jim White, K4OJ)
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 21:53:53 -0500
Mid-Afternoon - I call a local ham who saw my posting looking for some on
the internet, says he has selsyns...lives about 2 miles away from work -
agree to see him a little after quitting time...he gives directions.

5:15 PM meet nice guy (Noah, WB4WMW) and his wife - he says here it is and
shows me a chassis with 4 selsyns and a tachometer attached to it

5:30 PM after filling him in on our rotator project and thanking him for the
deal on the selsyns I head home to catch the 6:30 t-ball game my grandson is

6:00 PM get home, everyone else is off to the game, I wolf down casserole
(tnx Mom) and head over to the game, but first put a post on the towertalk
reflector asking how you hook up selsyns

6:30 PM  T-Ball is underway, I arrive to see Ohmar hit two triples and make
some major RBI's ensuring his teams victory...Teresa (wife) and Patty
(Ohmar's Mom) join in chants cheering on our hero

8:00 PM get e-mail from friends on towertalk about how to hook
up selsyns..

8:30 PM start dismantling chassis with all those selsyns, you gotta love
mil-spec stuff - wish my car was built like this stuff is...I decide to take
gears off selsyns but keep them attached to the chassis...

9:00 PM finally get things mechanically ready....debate whether or not to
hook em not have a fuse or fuseholder...if it is wrong, smoke...but
I cannot take the anticipation.

9:30 PM twist on last wire nut and plug into 110V - VOILA

Houston - we have selsyns!

These things are too cool....

9:35 drag wife out of bed to show here how these neato things work...

9:45 post thank you note to Noah and my friends on towertalk...

Jim, K4OJ

"Consider the fact that you can buy an entire washing machine for less than
the price of the heaviest antenna rotators." W6NL

Proud member of the Florida Contest Group - visit our website at:

The Florida Contest Group sponsors the Florida QSO Party, check out the FQP