[TowerTalk] C4XL vs. TH-6 (Wilson SYS-36)

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] C4XL vs. TH-6 (Wilson SYS-36)
From: (John Langdon)
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 19:14:53 -0600
There is an upcoming C51XR with a 40M section, but I know no details beyond
that.  I have not heard of anyone loading the C31XL boom.  The C4XL has a
broader front end (more cardiod like) than the Wilson and less front to
back, but a smoother pattern with fewer strange side lobes (I have only
used one Wilson, this pattern stuff may have been unique to that
installation).   For contesting this can be a plus, for DX, maybe, maybe

You will not see any fall off compared to the Wilson on 20-15-10, and the
40M section of the C4XL is roughly equivalent to a Cushcraft  2 el shorty
forty. I can say it performs much better on 40 than the Wilson.  I don't
think you will be unhappy.

73 John N5CQ