Fwd: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Fwd: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft
From: N0OEL@aol.com (N0OEL@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 22:32:27 EST

--part0_922246357_boundary

From: N0OEL@aol.com
To: kg5u@hal-pc.org
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 22:31:04 EST

Hi Dale.   I have it at 8 feet above the beam.    Cushcraft suggests a min of
5 feet unless you want to put it at a right angle to the boom of the beam.
It than can go to almost a foot from the beam but you have to remember its out
of line with the rotor needle 90 degrees but works.   I tried that untill I
could get a longer mast up to handle that and some other antennas.

I see no interaction between the beam and the dipole at 8 feet and saw just a
little when I tried it at 5 feet.   Its above a High Gain Explorer 14.    It
amazes me how
much difference a rotation can make when working off the rotatable dipole.
But remember Dale it works both directions equally well!    Hi!

73
Mike
K0BUD

--part0_922246357_boundary--