[TowerTalk] Buried Hardline

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Buried Hardline
From: gareth@capecod.net (Gareth Crispell)
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 10:42:35 -0500
km1h@juno.com wrote:

> On Thu, 01 Apr 1999 13:29:50 -0600 Douglas Bradford
> <kz5qdx@communique.net> writes:
> >
> >If you don't need the 4" size, use what ever size required and just
> >drill the pipe. A lot of us have access to "free" PVC but not
> >drainage
> >so just drill it, it takes only a few minutes.
> >

> Eliminated the problem at this QTH.  On almost solid rock so all cables
> are aerial. The wife calls it Radio Pelham, some of the multi cable runs
> are up to 250' long.
>
> 73  Carl  KM1H

interesting comments snipped >>

I heartily agree with Carl's comments regarding both ice and the
avoidance of connectors in the pvc. What are the arguments for and
against the new "Direct Burial" coax?? I have heard that it is
virtually impervious to insect damage. What about frozen ground if
the coax is only down a few inches? I realize this is not hardline,
but what is the story for Mil-Spec 213?

thanks guys     N1MSV   gary

 Gareth            http://www.capecod.net/~gareth/n1msv.htm

Barnstable Amateur Radio Club