No subject

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: No subject
From: owner-towertalk@contesting.com (by way of "Bill Fisher, W4AN"
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 1999 13:53:10 -0400
<w4an@contesting.com>)
Subject: [TowerTalk] BOUNCE towertalk@contesting.com:    Non-member submission
from
  [Steve Jackson <stjackso@nortelnetworks.com>]
Sender: owner-towertalk@contesting.com

appproved:wn4kkn
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 1999 13:46:54 -0400
To: (Recipient list suppressed)
From: Steve Jackson <stjackso@nortelnetworks.com>
Subject: Dunestar coax switch & DX4WIN

Greetings-

I just got a Dunestar Model 808 coax switch.  I bought this unit because:

1) it has eight ports
2) I could get it with 'N' connectors pre-installed
3) it seems like a good value and is well made
4) it's 'compatible' with the TopTen controller output.

What I'm puzzled about is the selection matrix.  Specifically: when
connecting it to an LPT port which has control output capability coded for
a TopTen switch.

I have eight remote ports available to me... does the TopTen LPT output
control mode (in the logging program DX4WIN) have the ability to select
among all eight ports?  Or only a subset of them?  (Note that the TopTen
switch does not have eight ports.)

Decoding the band output from an ICOM directly is troublesome, since the
output is a single control voltage and it effectively ignores the WARC
bands.  This control voltage is meant for bandswitching an ICOM linear, not
necessarily for antenna control.

The goal here is to be able to set the band via the rig, and have the PC
run the coax switch.  Ideally, the band AND frequency data should make the
actuation choice within the program, since on some bands (like 80/75) I
have more than one antenna.

Anyone been through this?

[[  I'm copying this to two reflectors, in order to not miss any collective
wisdom.  My advance apologies to those who subscribe to both reflectors.
You may chastise me TWICE, if you like ;->   ]]

Steve KZ1X/4