[TowerTalk] modeling log periodic arrays

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] modeling log periodic arrays
From: CP2235@aol.com (CP2235@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 11:39:06 EDT
Hello,

tried to model some log periodics few days ago. The modeling program I am
using is K6STI's NECwires version 2.02 which uses the NEC2 modeling algorithm.
I used the "transmission lines" feature instead of entering the transmission
lines as separate wires. The results I got were not very encouraging.
What is the shared knowledge on how exact this modeling program acts on log
periodic antennas? Are there any known problems (like the corners on quad
modeling, which need special attention)?. How do other modeling programs play
on this subject? Any comments are highly appreciated.
And what was the adress of the antenna modeling reflector?

73 and happy easter
Con DF4SA