[TowerTalk] Ground Rods

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ground Rods
From: n1rui@together.net (Jim Marciniak)
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 23:41:46 -0400
Doesn't sound like your setup is to code; or maybe your ground is a lot more
conductive than my stinky New England soil!

Since that ground rod represents both the safety earth protection (the
"Green Wire") AND your neutral return path to your local power co, I'd think
they have a vested interest in having a VERY good ground rod indeed. Again,
different areas of the country may do something different, but at least in
those states where I have lived, the ground rods and bonds between them and
the breaker panels has always been excellent; and whenever I've bought a
ground rod at an electric supply house, it's been very high quality.

Next time you question those power co guys, I'd say you need a couple big
hams with you!!

Good luck!

73,   DE Jim  N1RUI