[TowerTalk] Electric Wench Source?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Electric Wench Source?
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 11:40:42 EDT
In a message dated 99-04-10 16:45:57 EDT, w4an@contesting.com writes:

> Looking for an electric wench

     The inflatable version doesn't do it for you anymore, eh?

> to use for lifting antennas and tower.  When
>  XXTowers was down, Matt had a really neat one that bolted to a leg of a
> tower.

       You mean a capstan winch? These are used for rope haul lines and are
available in gas and electric versions. The trick is to have a mount for them
since you need something secure to anchor them.

      They are available from suppliers of utility company products and tower
supplies. Try CESCO at 800-642-7698. Talk to Jay Kent and tell him I said hi.
Also, Western States Electric handles them (800-523-5368. They run around
$1200.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC