[TowerTalk] Lightning protection grounding

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Lightning protection grounding
From: wa3gin@erols.com (Dave Jordan)
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 17:35:55 -0400
<199904162316.QAA19069@toontown.mmsi.com> <3717D309.F63E80B8@erols.com>
<199904172003.NAA27024@toontown.mmsi.com>
Sender: owner-towertalk@contesting.com

Eric,

I'd like to get out of the middle...why don't you call them and ask all
these
questions and report back to the list with their answers.

I've had towers up for more than 35 years...never did a damn thing to
deal
with lightening...just an 8ft ground rod at the base. The towers were
all
crank-ups...I'll do more this time because I have the time...I don't
expect anything I do will have much effect on the outcome.  I'm sure
I'll spend more
time talking about it then worring about it...

I do like the fuzzy looking dissipator. Might make a good top hat for
160meters, HAHA.

thanks,
dave