[TowerTalk] Rotor control

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotor control
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 08:33:26 -0500

>I am looking for the circuit that modifies Tail Twister or Ham-M
>rotators to add a preset knob to aim the antenna. I know about
the
>rather complex one recently published in QST; I am looking for
one of
>the older, simpler designs. CATS used to sell one but that has
been
>withdrawn.

Hi, Bob

I am currently using the Rotator Pal (Build the Rotator Pal, by
Tony Brock-Fisher, K1KP, QST, February 1996).  It works very
well.  It's circuit is contained within the original control box.

Before a lightning strike took it out, I previously used a
controller I built from a 73 Magazine article (June 1984), called
Elegant Rotating, by W4RNL, L.B. Cebik (hmmm...name sounds
familiar).  It worked for many years.  The added control
circuitry was in a small box which made it very convenient to
locate strategically around the desktop without taking up a lot
of space.

I think there may have been one or two other designs that came
out recently, but since Rotator Pal works, I didn't pay that
close attention.

73,
dale, kg5u