[TowerTalk] Rotor in sidemount

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotor in sidemount
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 11:00:06 EDT
In a message dated 99-04-19 10:44:07 EDT, vision2000@sunbeach.net writes:

> If I wanted to use a T2X tailtwister rotor in a side mount on a tower.
>  Is it possible to actually set two "stop-points" to actually limit the
>  antenna from rotating 360 degrees... and hence crashing into the tower?

     The easiest thing to do is to find the end limits and put some labels on
your rotator to show what they are. Pretty low-tech but it works. Banging the
antenna into the tower occasionally isn't fatal but the labels will help you
avoid that.

>  If not what technique is anyone using to accomplish this or is there
>  another rotor which allows what I'm thinking?

    I'm pretty sure that the Hy-Gain digital control unit allows you select
the limits. Then it would all be automatic.

>  Or is it simply a matter of finding the two points beyond which I should
>  not attempt further rotation and sticking to that??

     Yes. And then mark them on the rotor dial.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC