[TowerTalk] Guying question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guying question
From: froberts@pe.net (Fred Roberts)
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 13:44:52 -0700
Tom-

Like the ad says, "Wider is better".  The figures quoted might better be
defined as the "minimum recommended.  My guess is that most people would
like to have the anchors closer to the tower, if that were acceptable,
since they could have a bigger tower with more antennas on a smaller
footprint.

Think of the tower as a lever arm pulling on the anchor.  The closer the
anchor is to the base, the less force on the tower it would take to pull
the anchor free.

73-
Fred Roberts, W6TKV
Riverside, CA