[TowerTalk] TNX/Recap of Remote Ant Sw assistance reqst

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TNX/Recap of Remote Ant Sw assistance reqst
From: DavisRFinc@aol.com (DavisRFinc@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 13:22:32 EDT
Fellow TTalkers:  I knew after comm'g with numerous suppliers about in line
surge/lightning protectors for DC passing coax cables that I'd get to the
bottom line real fast via you folks.   Thanks very much.  An individual thank
you will go out and I WILL answer any questions that came up in your emails
via separate emails.
The recap:  Although this application only involves 2 coax lines, the
Ameritron RCS-8V handles 5 lines, is quite cost efficient, AND uses a
separate control line (thus we will use a PolyPhaser control line protector
(on the inside of the entrance panel, by the way, not at the tower base,
another story that depends on the overall system grounding).  The separate
control line SOLVES the issue of DC blocked inline surge protectors for coax
controlled switches.  There does not seem to be an inline protector for 1500
watts HF that I could find, or that was pointed out in the responses.
The Ameritron was mentioned several times as a very dependable product.
There were also a couple of others mentioned as dependable with the added
spec of significantly higher RF power capability.  The ICE with heated
enclosure and two other brands were recommended.  No negatives were indicated
on any product (by the way, I do not sell ant switches).
Thank you again, very much.  As usual, if there is ever anything that I or my
company's experience can help you with, just let me know.  As you may see
from this exercise, we try to "pull all the stops" to solve a
problem/question, to include being sure that we don't limit the solution only
to the requirements/limits of the products we sell.  Thanks again,   Steve
Davis    DAVIS RF Co.
DAVIS RF Co., commercial wire and cable, custom cable design.  Discounts to
hams.  Heliax, LMR, RFS, Belden, Poly Phaser Lightning Protection Devices, RF
Connectors (includes low cost, custom made Hard Line connect's), etc.
Various aerial wiring; transmission lines and Dacron rope.  www.davisRF.com .
1-800-328-4773, (For all RF hardline related items, please ask for Steve
Davis)   Thank you!