[TowerTalk] Perfect Field Day beam?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Perfect Field Day beam?
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 09:49:00 EDT
In a message dated 99-05-03 09:36:20 EDT, n4zr@contesting.com writes:

> Does this necessarily follow?  Trap losses surely aren't the only mechanism
>  at work here.  I suspect I could all too easily build a monoband yagi that
>  would work just as well (or badly) as a TA-33.  Why couldn't element
>  spacing compromises, real-world traps, etc., all lead to a net
>  deterioration in both pattern and F/B?

      Sure. Years ago I built what I thought was a crackerjack 15M monobander
and it turned out to be a pretty good dummy load. I think the problem could
be either poor design or poor execution or both.

     The Mosley designs seem to have compromised performance for good SWR for
example.

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC