[TowerTalk] VHF Simplex Help needed

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] VHF Simplex Help needed
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 05:41:39 EDT
In a message dated 99-05-14 01:43:14 EDT, no6x@inreach.com writes:

<< The scenario: Building is all concrete, steel and rebar, and handheld
 operation is desired from anywhere to anywhere in the building. VHF on a
 simplex channel is about the only way we can go.

 My solution: A combination of passive radiators, and Radi-ax. The passive
 radiators on each of the housing units, and Radi-ax running through the
 floors and ceilings in Administration areas.  >>

       Is Radi-Ax a feedline? I'm not familiar with it. The way most indoor
systems are done is to use 'leaky' coax; that is, coax with the shield cut
away a lot. The inner conductor can then radiate. This is popular in tunnels
as well as buildings.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC