[TowerTalk] Wire Beams

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Wire Beams
From: aa6eg@hh.tmx.com (Pat Barthelow)
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 19:54:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Towertalkians:

Anyone have some proven dimensions for wire beams?  We have a 90 ft span
between 65' tall power poles to string a rope "boom".  What we have for a
boom is a 3/16" woven dacron rope.  We are looking at 80 and 40 meters,
with a possible 20 meter wire yagi, suspended under the first, spaced abt
15 ft below.   We have large lateral area to anchor yagi elements so as to
make very shallow inverted vees.  Any ideas?

73, DX, de

Pat, AA6EG/N6IJ;
aa6eg@hh.tmx.com

599 DX Drive, Marina CA 93933
"The Contest Station from the Government"