[TowerTalk] Easy method of digging

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Easy method of digging
From: csudds@probe.net (Chuck Sudds)
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 11:38:52 -0500
>Dave KG7EW, writes:
>
>I will very soon be digging a hole  7 feet X 3.5 feet X 3.5
>feet in my back yard to install my self-supporting crankup
>tower.  I have checked out several options to do this and
>here are the basic options.

I guess I lucked out! When I was getting ready to install my new tower (90ft
Rohn 45G) I had a son that had just gotten out of the Marine Corps and
wanted to earn a few extra bucks!  I pointed him in the right direction,
told him that I wanted the hole 4ft x 4ft and over his head!  He never even
flinched <G>! Guess the Marines had taught him well because in less than 4
hours, he had a perfect hole dug and had also hauled away all of the dirt
via wheel-barrel! All this with just a spade, shovel and 3-pound coffee can!
BTW, he hit water at the 7ft level so everything here in Iowa is well grounded.

Chuck Sudds  KØTVD
Missouri Valley, Iowa USA
   Heartland DX Association   http://ns1.qsl.net/hdxa/

http://www.probe.net/~csudds/  or