[TowerTalk] Check me Please!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Check me Please!
From: k0wa@southwind.net (Lee Buller)
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 08:46:37 -0500

It has been awhile since I have posted something to the list.....so please
indulge me here.  I have this TA-33 up at 60 feet....

OK, all you Force-12 people...you don't need to email me about how great
your antenna is....I already know all of that. HHHHAAARRRRR!

Well, anyway....

The TA-33 is acting funning and I want to make sure I have diagnosed this
thing right.  On Ten meters it is OK.  SWR is fine and it shows a curve
that is "normal"  Same thing on Fifteen meters.  When I get to 20 meters,
well the SWR is 2.7 to one all across the band.  I can use a tuner to match
it down, but.....

I am thinking that a trap is gone in the Driven Element.  But, Mosley says
it could be any trap in either the reflector or the director that could
cause it to act funning.  Before I run off and buy a lot of parts, what do
you "august" experts think?

To me, the problem has to be the Drive Element.....  I just don't see the
traps in the reflector or director having that much affect on the beam....

You opinions or Experience????

Lee buller
k0wa@southwind.net