[TowerTalk] Butternut Verticals Status/History

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Butternut Verticals Status/History
From: (
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 12:45:18 EDT
Hi Lane, Butternut was bought out by Bencher some 2-3 years ago.   Based on a
survey here about 6 months ago, it appeared that Butternut is still rated
highly.  Hope that helps.  Regards,  Steve Davis,  K1PEK,  DAVIS RF Co.
DAVIS RF Co., commercial wire and cable, custom cable design.  Discounts to
hams.  Heliax, LMR, RFS, Belden, Poly Phaser Lightning Protection Devices.
Various aerial wiring; transmission lines, insulators, baluns, RF connectors
and Dacron rope. .  1-800-328-4773, (For all RF hardline
related items, please ask for Steve Davis)   Thank you!
"The Triad":  Davis RF Co.; Orion Wire Corp.; and The Wire Man, Inc.:
Variegated expertise; resources and buying power yielding numerous quality
products at highly competitive pricing.

In a message dated 6/9/99 11:30:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time,

<< Just curious but I remember buying a new Butternut HF6V vertical in 1984
 from the Wickliffe, Ohio AES store. Was wondering whatever happened to the
 original  owners/founders of the company down in Texas? That antenna served
 me well for many years up until I left for the Navy. I guess it has been
 reported that it is not all that efficient on 80 meters but I sure remember
 it working well on that band.
 San Diego