[TowerTalk] Andrews LDF6-50

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Andrews LDF6-50
From: (Ian White, G3SEK)
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 23:22:04 +0100
George Fremin III wrote:
>Effinger SH writes:
>> I have 2 pieces of Andrews LDF6-50 and want to join the two pieces together
>> How would I go about this ???
>Here is a message from W0UN on this subject......

You wouldn't want to know the price of a genuine Andrew splice. It
includes a double-ended self-tapping gadget to join the two inner
conductors together, with fancy tapered self-cutting threads - one of
them left-handed. The outers are joined with two clamp-on parts that
engage with the corrugations, and finally screw together. In all, a real
tour de force of CNC machining so no wonder it's expensive.

W0UN's method looks just as good electrically and costs nothing!