[TowerTalk] KT34-XA over hall

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] KT34-XA over hall
From: MARKV@SNC-LAVALIN.COM (Vitaly Markhasin)
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 16:04:38 -0400
Hi All,
My antenna is down on the roof and is just about to be completely
serviced after 18 years on the tower...

2 questions:
1. I've tried to start the work with the easiest element - 10m. Well,
I've used the clamps supplied with the antenna (with a screw, not a
house type) and now can not remove the tip tube (screw made a dent). Any
ideas how to remove it?
2. I have an upgrade kit for it. There is a CONDUCTIVE paste (by parts
list description) comes with it. So, last night I've put my FLUKE's
probes into it and it is NOT CONDUCTIVE!!! Yes, the mode switch was in
the position to measure R. Any ideas why?
Please reply direct.
Thank you.

Vitaly (VE6JO)