[TowerTalk] Lightning bolt quads

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Lightning bolt quads
From: (Dennis Jakubisin)
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 19:19:58 PDT
Not a bad antenna although I would advise to 'not' use the "tie them all
together" feed system recommended by the mfgr.
I used seperate feeds switched at the mast & matching stubs to each loop.
Also, I'm not a fan of the auminum wire - I used
hard drawn 7/22 bare copper.

Lots of interaction between 10 & 12 meters, poor pattern and swr on these

Heavy antenna due to the thick wall fiberglass construction.

Denny  WB8K

To: <>
>Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 19:04:32 -0700
>I see that Lightning Bolt quads are still being sold.  I read a review of
>them once which, as I remember, was generally favorable.  Am considering
>buying one, since they are so cheap.  But will I be sorry??
>Anybody out there with experience?
>Rod, KE6RSF
>FAQ on WWW:
>Administrative requests:

Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit