[TowerTalk] Connecting Tower GND to Service GND

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Connecting Tower GND to Service GND
From: (Tom H)
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 20:10:10 -0400
Hey guy's,

I'm in the process of putting up a small tower on a town lot.  While not
having a great deal of real estate to work with, I'm trying to do it right.
I have a ground ring buried around the base, and now want to connect the
ring to the service ground.  Problem is, it's about 75 ft away with a 90
degree turn about 25 feet from the tower.  Will 4 AWG copper be sufficient,
and should it be insulated or can it be bare.  I'm curious if you recommend
one over the other and would like to know your reasons.  I realize that 0 or
00 would be better, but man, is that stuff expensive!  Tnxs & 7  3, Tom K3GM