[TowerTalk] SWR problem with A4S

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] SWR problem with A4S
From: (Bill Hinkle)
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 21:25:14 -0400
I have a problem with my Cushcraft A4S again. It started out as a SWR
problem on 20 and 40. Anything over a 100 watts and the SWR would jump
from flat to 3 or 4 to 1 and back down and back up, on and on. I thought
it was a problem with a 20 meter trap. Now I have problems with 40, 20
and 10 meters, it does the same thing on all 3 bands now. 15 meters works
fine and I can run 1000 watts with no problems. I use a Radio Works
balun, have never had one of them go bad?
Any ideas from the group as to what may be going on?

73 and thanks,
Riverton, WV