[TowerTalk] Big boy rotors

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Big boy rotors
From: (
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 08:59:42 EDT
In a message dated 99-06-24 08:44:23 EDT, writes:

> Anyone have any experience with the Prosistel 'Big Boy'
>  rotors First Call ( is carrying?

       I've heard of them for some time and finally saw them at Dayton. They
are brute and seem to be pretty reasonably priced for what they'll do. I only
saw the outside of them - they didn't have one opened up.

      I *think* that they were going to adapt them to a US rotor controller
like the M2 or something, but I don't remember specifically which one.

     My main criticism was the mast clamp but Joel said that they're changing

    They DON'T fit inside the tower - you have to cut out a diagonal from the
tower in order to install it since it's way oversized for US ham towers.

      Real life experience? None yet.

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC