[TowerTalk] Triband tests

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Triband tests
From: (Barry Kutner)
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 19:14:27 -0000
It seems to me the best test for a tribander is two or more at
similar heights not very far apart, and the test begins:

Number one number one number one
Number two number two number two

et cetera...

73 Barry, the pragmatist

On 24 Jun 99, Tom Rauch wrote:

> Hi Roger,
> > Dave and Ty mentioned using vertical polarization for triband tests.  This
> > is usually NOT recommended for HF antennas on a ground-reflection range
> > using the gain-transfer method.  As stated in the IEEE Std 149-1979 (Test
> > Procedure for Antennas), page 101:
> For the very same reason, a LONG test distance is also not
> recommended for horizontal antennas.
> Moisture content, soil conductivity, and scattering all affect field
> strength since at a long distance the FS is actually being
> measured in a null caused by ground effects.

Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet:
Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: